Torsen (ATB) type limited slip differential unit for R5GTT, Clio 1 Williams/16v and all Clio 2 RS models.
These fit all JC type gearboxes.
They also fit JB type gearboxes with TAPERED differential bearings - they DO NOT fit gearboxes with ROLLER differential bearings. There is an easy way to check which box you have by measuring the driveshaft oil seal outer diameter - 'boxes with tapered bearings have a 70mm OD seal and 'boxes with roller bearings have a 56mm OD seal.
A LSD will improve your straight line traction and also aid handling by providing consistent traction. This torsen type differential provides smooth transition in torque without the grabbiness of a plate type LSD.
Features of the M Factory Diffs:
- Made from imported Japanese SAE 4320 & SAE 9310 Steel
- Forged, Double Tempered and Super Sub-Zero treated for unsurpassed toughness
- Advanced Shot Peening technology increases surface hardness
- Designed to withstand the extreme shock loads of competition-level Drag Racing
- Advanced gear geometry designed using industry-leading software puts more power to the ground
- Only the highest quality Brighton-Best Hardware is used
- Maintenance-free Gears eliminates the need for special fluids & rebuilds associated with plate-type LSDs
- Lock-free operation ensures no adverse affect to steering response
MFactory Competition Products will provide a limited lifetime warranty for all Helical LSD's to be free of defects in materials and workmanship upon receipt of product and professional installation.
We recommend retaining the passenger side driveshaft yoke by using our yoke retaining plate.
We can machine your old crownwheel off your diff, press onto the M Factory diff and then we use a special TIG welding procedure to retain the diff (the crownwheel can still be removed by us after welding if you want to change final drive)